Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In which I update.

So, it's been a few days since I wrote in this blog, I've been really lazy lately. And it's starting to concern me horrifically.
I've gotten lazy on my schoolwork, and it's the end of the year. This last term is the most important, because it is the grade that goes on my transcript. My test scores haven't been excellent, so there is no doubt in my mind that my grades are going to plummet. I'm scared, of course, because I've had another alteration to the career I wish to pursue in the future.
I originally wanted to be a forensic scientist (like CSI, but I'm so much cooler) but then I was reading this article on Yahoo!, and it said that the top 10 most pursued careers at the moment included both Forensic Scientists and Pastry Chefs. Forensic scientists make an annual averaged salary of 61,000$/year and Pastry Chefs make 41,000$/year (This is for those who aren't top award winning chefs cooking in 5-star places).
I asked my mother, if she would permit and support me in the career change to a pastry chef. Because I can bake some mean stuff. She told me that she'd support me regardless, but it's my father I need to get through. She told me that being a forensic scientist will let you help people, and provide families with the closure they seek. She says that she won't mind if I was a pastry chef part time to learn a new skill, because skills are good for anyone. She then told me some story about this world-famous top forensic scientist -- Dr. Lee, I still haven't looked him up, but apparently he's very wanted for his ability to solve cases 99.9% of the time, even if the crime was committed many many years ago. Finally, she told me to use my brain rather than my hands for a career. So in the end, it leaves me with one questions -- Don't all careers require us to use our brain AND our hands? We all need both of them, not in equal ratios, but we still use them.
A lawyer uses his brain to come up with questions on the spot, perceive the information that comes to them, bend the testimony of witnesses to their will (lul, lawyers would make good new Avatars for testimony bending). A lawyer uses his hands to write, and carry all the documents they need to support their arguements in court.
A forensic scientist uses his brain to study and examine the evidence that comes to them. Figuring out compounds of certain things, think of ways to discover new evidence, putting pieces of a puzzle together in order to get the full picture. A forensic scientist uses his hands to collect evidence extensively, carries evidence back and forth, uses lab equipment, and must be careful with all reagants in the lab as well as the lab itself.
A pastry chef uses his brain to concoct new and creative recipes, measure the ingredients in their mind, come up with ways to perfect a recipe, ways to alterate it without destroying it, creating harmony and melody between flavors. A pastry chef uses his hands to construct their recipes, build a towering cake, a bombastic cupcake full of flavor.

In the end, I am still at a crossroads to choose my career. But whatever I choose to do, I will do it with my passion for it.

Back to normal life, if I were to go on AGT, which I might, still thinking, I'm gonna totally do Jai Ho by PCD, but I don't understand why Nicole Scherzwinger sings it JAY-HO, when it's obvious that it's JAI-HO. I really wish Nicole would stop hogging all the limelight, because they really need to change their name from the Pussycat Dolls to "Nicole and the girls who dance behind her because Nicole hogs all the singing, and we don't even get to sing backup"

But Nicole looks mad indian, she could totally pass as an indian girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_7AyQpsukM
^ Embed disabled per request. :[

xoxo
Valentine.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I get lazy with updating my blog. xD

    Whichever career you choose, it should be one you'll enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 41,000 a year? Wtf. That's about the same as being a teacher, maybe slightly more, without the hassle of dealing with kids.

    *starts baking*

    ReplyDelete